Forest School 4 Schools provides children with the opportunity to experience holistic learning and development through contact with a natural, stimulating environment.
Forest School History: The concept of Forest School was founded in the 1950's in Sweden and was adopted by other Scandinavian countries in the 1980's. Since the mid 1990's the inspirational Forest School idea of learning through play in an outdoor environment spread throughout the U.K. and research has shown that it provides the following benefits:
- Increased self esteem and confidence
- Improved concentration and motivation
- Development of language and communication skills
- Increased knowledge, understanding and respect for the outdoor environment
- Ability to improve physical skills
Children are able to participate in a variety of activities whilst enjoying the freedom of discovery in the outdoor environment ....
.....using natural resources and a hands on approach to learning